Wednesday 11 December 2013

William Eggleston

William Eggleston is one of my favourite photographers. I love his colour photos. s not so much the object itself that matters in William Eggleston photography, it’s the colour that has always stood out. It’s the bright and saturated reds, blues, yellows, greens, browns – even in soft colors – that attract the eye and draw the viewer inside the image. Eggleston’s photographs display a variety of shades, both vibrant and turned off, with continuous tonal ranges from light to dark.
These are two of my favourite photos of his. I love the bright red shocking colour and the white lines coming from the light in the first photo. It reminds me of an old vintage record cover my mom used to have. In the second photo I love how the text seems slightly washed out and the sunset in the background is beautiful.
I love the matching colours of the wall, bath and toilet but I also just love the colour itself. I like the dark pink. It's a rather plain image but the colour is beautiful and one of my favourite images by William Eggleston.

My favourite thing about this photo is the car and the colour of it. It reminds me of a similar car colour on the front cover of Lana Del Rey's album.

I love the pattern on this sofa and think it fits nicely with the leaves in the background, and I also like the womans patterned dress although it clashes with the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment